About this book
You will learn how to use Git for source control and best practice techniques to create applications like a pro. Essential, and often-missed, information on testing and learning to program with Ruby are also covered.
This book is well suited for someone with little to no Ruby or Rails experience, or possibly even someone with no experience developing web applications at all. Beginning Rails 4 does assume a basic familiarity with the web and typical web terms, but doesn’t require you to be an expert of these. This book will springboard your journey into web application development, and show you how much fun building web applications with Ruby on Rails can be.
- Learn to create Rails applications from the bottom up
- Learn the basics of the Ruby programming language
- Completely updated for Rails 4, including new information on turbo links, etc.
Beginning Rails 4 gently guides you through designing your application, writing tests for the application, and then writing the code to make your application work as expected.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-6035-6
- Copyright Information Apress 2013
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-6034-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-6035-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site