About this book
With such wide accessibility, securing your code effectively needs to be a top priority. You will quickly find that the WCF security protocols you’re familiar with from .NET are less suitable than they once were in this new environment, proving themselves cumbersome and limited in terms of the standards they can work with.
Fortunately, ASP.NET Web API provides a simple, robust security solution of its own that fits neatly within the ASP.NET MVC programming model and secures your code without the need for SOAP, meaning that there is no limit to the range of devices that it can work with – if it can understand HTTP, then it can be secured by Web API. These SOAP-less security techniques are the focus of this book.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-5783-7
- Copyright Information Apress 2013
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-5782-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-5783-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site