About this book
HTML5 Programming for ASP.NET Developers will show you how to:
- Add interactivity and media to your sites using the Canvas and Audio and Video APIs.
- Make your web applications work offline, understand client side storage options using web storage, and work with local files using the File API.
- Use the Communication API and Web Sockets for easier communication between server and client.
Other topics include multithreading with Web Workers, understanding the new input types, using Geolocation, and enhancing your web forms and views with CSS3. All major browsers already support HTML5 to varying degrees and are aggressively working to provide full-fledged standardized support. Start using HTML5 in your projects today, and build future-ready web applications that take advantage of the exciting features that HTML5 has to offer.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4720-3
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4719-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4720-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site