About this book
Beginning Windows 8 Application Development – XAML Edition introduces you to the Windows 8 modern app design paradigm and the new Windows 8 programming model developed around this paradigm. You'll learn to build rich, immersive applications designed to run on the many devices that will be powered by Windows 8.
With the introduction of Windows 8, once again Microsoft has re-envisioned the way that PCs and devices will be used and applications will be built in a world that has become far more connected. The Windows 8 modern UI style is far more than a programming model and Beginning Windows 8 Application Development – XAML Edition takes you beyond the syntax of any development language. We examine the factors such as UX (User Experience), social integration, and maintaining data and settings across multiple devices.
- Gives an early start to building next-generation connected applications
- Introduces new programming libraries available in Windows 8
- Explores Windows 8 app design concepts
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4567-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4566-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4567-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site