About this book
Winning LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming sets the stage by emphasizing the importance of up front planning, and thinking about the challenge to be met. Learn to evaluate possible solutions by sanity-testing their logic before you put the effort into actually writing the code. Then choose your best option and write the code applying the techniques in this book. Take advantage of language features such as MyBlocks to enhance reliability and create easy-to-debug code. Manage your code as you change and improve it so that you can trace what you’ve done and fall back if needed. Avoid common programming pitfalls. Work powerfully with teammates to conquer competition challenges of all types.
- Provides solid techniques similar to those used by professional programmers, and optimized for the LEGO MINDSTORMS platform.
- Addresses key tasks important to competition such as line detection, line following, squaring of corners, motor stall detection, and more.
- Compliments Winning Design! by tackling the programming side of competition.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4537-7
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4536-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4537-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site