About this book
Today's Android apps developers are often running into the need to refine, improve and optimize their apps performances. As more complex apps can be created, it is even more important for developers to deal with this critical issue.
Android allows developers to write apps using Java, C or a combination of both with the Android SDK and the Android NDK. Pro Android Apps Performance Optimization reveals how to fine-tune your Android apps, making them more stable and faster. In this book, you'll learn the following:
- How to optimize your Java code with the SDK, but also how to write and optimize native code using advanced features of the Android NDK such as using ARM single instruction multiple data (SIMD) instructions (in C or assembly)
- How to use multithreading in your application, how make best use of memory and how to maximize battery life
- How to use to some OpenGL optimizations and to Renderscript, a new feature in Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and expanded in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
After reading and using this book, you'll be a better coder and your apps will be better-coded. Better-performing apps mean better reviews and eventually, more money for you as the app developer or your indie shop.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4000-6
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-3999-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4000-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site