About this book
Beginning Android 4 Games Development offers everything you need to join the ranks of successful Android game developers. You'll start with game design fundamentals and programming basics, and then progress toward creating your own basic game engine and playable game that works on Android 4.0 and earlier devices. This will give you everything you need to branch out and write your own Android games.
The potential user base and the wide array of available high-performance devices makes Android an attractive target for aspiring game developers. Do you have an awesome idea for the next break-through mobile gaming title? Beginning Android 4 Games Development will help you kick-start your project.
The book will guide you through the process of making several example games for the Android platform, and involves a wide range of topics:
- The fundamentals of Android game development targeting Android 1.5-4.0+ devices
- The Android platform basics to apply those fundamentals in the context of making a game
- The design of 2D and 3D games and their successful implementation on the Android platform
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-3988-8
- Copyright Information Apress 2011
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-3987-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-3988-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site