About this book
You want to make an animated film. You've got the idea. You've got Macromedia Flash. But where do you start? What's the best way to script your cartoon, how do you start animating with Flash, what do you really need to know in order to get your ideas out there to make you famous?
Who better to ask than two seasoned professionals, who've not only worked for Disney, but also run the hugely successful cult website, funnyazhell.com.
Kevin Peaty and Glenn Kirkpatrick draw on their rich studio experience and their knowledge of Flash to show you the best way to create great Flash cartoons that look as good as traditional animated films.
This book follows the professional process, taking a creative idea from storyboard stage, through layout to publishing, via a detailed look at animation techniques, that will give you the kind of insight normally only gained from years spent in the industry.
In depth and detailed, the book follows the production of a cartoon from inception to final output—looking at all the decisions and skills that have contributed to its appeal.
The book covers Flash versions 4 and 5 as well as MX.
Whether you're completely new to Flash, or are making your first steps into the world of Flash cartooning, this book will let you work alongside the professionals to make your own animated masterpiece.
With this book on your desktop, all you need is an idea!
- Watch and listen to 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' as created throughout the book by Glenn and Kevin. And then think how you'd have done it in your own style... All you need is Flash Cartoon Animation! If you need even further inspiration, check out the funnyazhell.com website, where there a many fantastic movies by Kevin, Glenn and others.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-1090-7
- Copyright Information Glenn Kirkpatrick and Kevin Peaty 2002
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-207-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-1090-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site