Table of contents
About this book
This book presents the foundations of fluid mechanics and transport phenomena in a concise way. It is suitable as an introduction to the subject as it contains many examples, proposed problems and a chapter for self-evaluation. The solutions to all problems are displayed in the corresponding appendix.
The content is divided into four parts: fundamentals, conservation principles, dimensional analysis and transport phenomena at interfaces. The transport phenomena of momentum, heat and mass are presented from a rigorous fluid mechanics point of view, and they are explained using a unified, systematic approach, including the analogies between the various transport phenomena.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8537-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8536-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8537-6
- Series Print ISSN 0926-5112
- Buy this book on publisher's site