About this book
In its nine chapters, this book provides an overview of the state-of-the-art and best practice in several sub-fields of evaluation of text and speech systems and components. The evaluation aspects covered include speech and speaker recognition, speech synthesis, animated talking agents, part-of-speech tagging, parsing, and natural language software like machine translation, information retrieval, question answering, spoken dialogue systems, data resources, and annotation schemes. With its broad coverage and original contributions this book is unique in the field of evaluation of speech and language technology.
This book is of particular relevance to advanced undergraduate students, PhD students, academic and industrial researchers, and practitioners.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-5817-2
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-5816-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-5817-2
- Series Print ISSN 1386-291X
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software