About this book
After having long been dismissed as a shallow irrelevance, the Enlightenment has now been rehabilitated as a major European movement in ideas and culture. Recent historical writing has shown how it was more than the airy philosophisings of a coterie of intellectuals - but rather a massive reorientation of thought, involving modernization, secularization and the application of science on a grand scale. These trends are surveyed and assessed in this book.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-09885-9
- Copyright Information Macmillan Publishers Limited 1990
- Publisher Name Palgrave, London
- Print ISBN 978-0-333-45414-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-349-09885-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site