About this book
This volume comprises a carefully selected collection of articles emerging from and pertinent to the 2010 CFL-80 conference in Rio de Janeiro, celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Courant–Friedrichs–Lewy (CFL) condition. A major result in the field of numerical analysis, the CFL condition has influenced the research of many important mathematicians over the past eight decades, and this work is meant to take stock of its most important and current applications.
The Courant–Friedrichs–Lewy (CFL) Condition: 80 Years After its Discovery will be of interest to practicing mathematicians, engineers, physicists, and graduate students who work with numerical methods.
J. Tiexeira Cal Neto
K. van den Doel
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-8394-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-8393-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-8394-8
- About this book