Table of contents
About this book
"…The Multiversal book series is equally unique, providing book-length extensions of the lectures with enough additional depth for those who truly want to explore these fields, while also providing the kind of clarity that is appropriate for interested lay people to grasp the general principles involved."
-Lawrence M. Krauss
The aim of this book is to continue to raise public awareness in the exciting field of theoretical physics and cosmology. It covers the latest theories at a level not weighed down by highly mathematical equations. Each chapter is written by a leading expert who is presently researching and lecturing on the topics.
Extra Dimensions in Space and Time has two main features that differentiate it from all other books written about the topic:
The first feature is the coverage of extra dimensions in time (Two-Time physics), which has not been covered in earlier books. All other books on the topic focus on extra spatial dimensions.
The second feature deals with level of presentation. The material is presented in a non-technical language followed by additional technical sections (in the form of appendices or footnotes) that explain the basic equations and formulas in the theories. This feature is very attractive to readers who want to learn more about the theories involved beyond the basic description for a layperson.
- Structure of matter & fundamental forces
- Einstein’s relativistic view of space-time
- Equivalence Principle and General Relativity
- Symmetry and perspective
- Why higher space or time dimensions?
- Extra space dimensions and String Theory
- Einstein and the Fourth Dimension
- Traditional Extra Dimensions
- String Theory and Branes
- Warped Extra Dimensions
- How to Look For Extra Dimensions?
- Extra Dimensions: The equations behind the words
- Two Time Physics
- Current status of 2T-Physics and future directions
Multiversal Journeys™ is a trademark of Farzad Nekoogar and Multiversal Journeys, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-77638-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-77637-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-77638-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site