About this book
Surgical care has undergone a dramatic shift in the past few decades away from inpatient-hospital to ambulatory procedures. More and more, ambulatory surgical centers have become the facility of choice for many types of operations. Advances in minimally invasive surgery, anesthesia techniques and other technological advances will only increase this trend in the years ahead.
Anesthesia practice continues to evolve, as well. Anesthesiologists in all settings must adjust their approaches to an ambulatory focus for patient selection, sedation, anesthesia, pain management, and postoperative recovery. Concise and clinically oriented, HANDBOOK OF AMBULATORY ANESTHESIA is designed to quickly and effectively steer the practitioner through the challenges and demands of daily practice.
The editors and authors are all recognized experts whose outstading insights will bring readers back to this book again and again. The chapters are consistently formatted with introductory outlines, practical illustrations, informative boxes, clinically oriented tables, and key references. Highlights of the book include:
- preoperative evaluation - anesthesia considerations for minimally invasive and advanced ambulatory surgery procedures - management of common clinical conditions for pediatric and adult patients - preoperative preparation - specific anesthesia techniques: sedation, regional, and general - anesthesia outside the O.R. - office-based anesthesia - recovery and discharge - quality management and accreditation- cost containment - administrative issues - appendix of most commonly referenced figures and tables
In a busy practice, no matter the setting, HANDBOOK OF AMBULATORY ANESTHESIA is certain to be among the most frequently used, clinically relevant books in your collection. Keep it with you in your daily practice!
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-73329-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-73328-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-73329-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site