About this book
Advances in hardware technology have increased the capability to store and record personal data about consumers and individuals. This has caused concerns that personal data may be used for a variety of intrusive or malicious purposes.
Privacy Preserving Data Mining: Models and Algorithms proposes a number of techniques to perform the data mining tasks in a privacy-preserving way. These techniques generally fall into the following categories: data modification techniques, cryptographic methods and protocols for data sharing, statistical techniques for disclosure and inference control, query auditing methods, randomization and perturbation-based techniques. This edited volume also contains surveys by distinguished researchers in the privacy field. Each survey includes the key research content as well as future research directions of a particular topic in privacy.
Privacy Preserving Data Mining: Models and Algorithms is designed for researchers, professors, and advanced-level students in computer science. This book is also suitable for practitioners in industry.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-70992-5
- Copyright Information Springer US 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-70991-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-70992-5
- Series Print ISSN 1386-2944
- Buy this book on publisher's site