About this book
Colorectal surgery is a rapidly-evolving surgical field. Innovative procedures, including advanced endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery, are allowing surgeons to offer patients ever-improving treatment options and better surgical outcomes than ever before. Since the last edition of the full volume of Chassinâ€™s Operative Strategies in General Surgery, laparoscopic colon surgery has become the new standard of care in many surgical centers. Thus, for Chassinâ€™s Operative Strategies in Colon and Rectal Surgery, we have added four new, previously unpublished chapters to this new volume:
- laparoscopic right hemicolectomy and laparoscopic left hemicolectomy;
- laparoscopic stoma construction and closure;
- laparoscopic abdominoperineal resection; and
- total proctocolectomy with end ileostomy.
These new chapters provide the reader with the latest techniques in colorectal surgery. In addition to the clear, comprehensive text, these new chapters are enhanced by 52 lavish new illustrations. While the text provides the reader a with clear, step-by-step instructions, the illustrations provide the visual orientation so important to every surgeon's pre-operative preparations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68370-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-33043-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-68370-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site