About these proceedings
This volume contains the papers accepted for presentation at
the Fourth International Symposium on Programming Language
Implementation and Logic Programming (PLILP '92) held in
Leuven, Belgium, August 26-28, 1992.
Theaim of the symposium was to explore new declarative
concepts, methods and techniques relevant for implementation
of all kinds of programming languages, whether algorithmic
or declarative. The symposium gathered researchers from
the fields of algorithmic programming languages as well as
logic, functional, and object-oriented programming.
The topics discussed in the volume include:
- Declarative implementation techniques;
- Implementation of declarative concepts and modules;
- Compiler specification and construction;
- Program transformation;
- Programming environments for declarative languages;
- Amalgamation of logic programming with algorithmic,
functional, or object-oriented techniques;
- Executable specification.
algorithm algorithms compiler logic object-oriented programming programming programming language