About this book
This book addresses the possible origins, development and fate of intelligent life in the universe. The author presents a wide-ranging analysis of the type of knowldege that can be inferred about extraterrestial intelligent societies from our own biological, cultural and scientific evolution, and from the likely future of mankind. Providing extensive background information from astronomy, geology, chemistry and biology, the book will appeal to both the scientist and the general reader.
In this second edition of Peter Ulmschneider's successful and highly interesting book the author is putting even stronger emphasis on the geological conditions and consequences of life's conquest of land as the pre-condition for the emergence of life with our type of technical intelligence.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-32838-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-32836-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-32838-4
- Series Print ISSN 1610-8957
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences