About this book
This book presents a wide-ranging, international perspective on the state of the field of algebra from invited participants to the 12th ICMI Study Conference held in Melbourne, Australia in 2001. The authors are renowned academics from all around the world who have written individual chapters associated with the teaching and learning of algebra that relate to their particular areas of research and teaching expertise. The book includes information about different approaches to the teaching and learning of algebra - from early algebra to tertiary algebra, the impact of tools and technology (including Computer Algebra Systems), the role of symbols and language, teachers of algebra, and the history of algebra.
The Future of the Teaching and Learning of Algebra: the 12th ICMI Study is of interest to researchers, curriculum developers, educational policy makers, teachers of mathematics, and trainee mathematics teachers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-8131-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8130-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8131-6
- Series Print ISSN 1387-6872
- Buy this book on publisher's site