About this book
Studying the challenges of problems from international programming competitions is an effective way to improve your algorithmic and coding skills and understanding.
This new programming companion uses international programming competition-type problems to motivate the study of algorithms, programming, and other topics in computer science. The book includes more than 100 programming challenges, as well as the theory and key concepts necessary for approaching them. Problems are organized by topic and supplemented by complete tutorial material. Readers gain a concrete understanding of both algorithmic techniques and advanced coding topics.
- Offers a wealth of programming problems suitable for self-study—all with online judging at www.programming-challenges.com
- Presents practice training for all the major programming contents—ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM ICPC), International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), and Topcoder Challenge
- Serves as a convenient, web-based means for adding a programming component to any algorithms or software engineering course
- Contains complete working code for fundamental data structures and graph, string, numerical, and geometric algorithms
- Provides a brief-yet-thorough treatment of key elements of number theory, geometry, dynamic programming, and graph algorithms
- Supports all popular programming languages (C, C++, Pascal, Java)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b97559
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-00163-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-22081-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site