About this book
Molecular computing is a rapidly growing subarea of natural computing. On the one hand, molecular computing is concerned with the use of bio-molecules for the purpose of actual computations while, on the other hand, it attempts to understand the computational nature of molecular processes going on in living cells.
The book presents a unique and authorative state-of-the-art survey on current research in molecular computing: 30 papers by leading researchers in the area are drawn together on the occasion of the 70th birthday of Tom Head, a pioneer in molecular computing. Among the topics addressed are molecular tiling, DNA self-assembly, splicing systems, DNA-based cryptography, DNA word design, gene assembly, and membrane computing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b94864
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-20781-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-24635-0
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking