About this book
The text contains for the first time in book form the state of the art of homological methods in functional analysis like characterizations of the vanishing of the derived projective limit functor or the functors Ext1 (E, F) for Fréchet and more general spaces. The researcher in real and complex analysis finds powerful tools to solve surjectivity problems e.g. on spaces of distributions or to characterize the existence of solution operators.
The requirements from homological algebra are minimized: all one needs is summarized on a few pages. The answers to several questions of V.P. Palamodov who invented homological methods in analysis also show the limits of the program.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b80165
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-00236-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-36211-1
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking