About this book
Concerned with the fundamental concepts and methods of fracture mechanics and micromechanics, Fracture Mechanics primarily focuses on the mechanical description of fracture processes; however, material specific aspects are also discussed.
The presentation of continuum mechanical and phenomenological foundations is followed by an introduction into classical failure hypotheses. A major part of the book is devoted to linear elastic and elastic-plastic fracture mechanics. Further subjects are creep fracture, dynamic fracture mechanics, damage mechanics, probabilistic fracture mechanics, failure of thin films and fracture of piezoelectric materials. The book also contains an extensive introduction into micromechanics. Self-contained and well-illustrated, this text serves as a graduate-level text and reference.
The 2nd revised edition has been expanded and complemented by numerous problems and figures.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b22134
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-24034-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-35849-7
- Series Print ISSN 0941-5122
- Buy this book on publisher's site