Table of contents
About this book
New Zope 3 is a web applications server written in Python that allows developing complex web applications rapidly and collaboratively. Zope 3 is the successor to the successful version 2.
After an introduction to the key concepts of Zope, a sample application is built and extended subsequently. The book is targeted towards developers familiar with the web and web technologies. Special sections for Zope 2 developers cover the basic differences to the predecessor. The concepts of Zope 3 and its component architecture are explained thoroughly, continually accompanied by a demo application.
- Book Title Web Component Development with Zope 3
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b139044
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-22359-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-27410-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 467
- Number of Illustrations 39 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
"The book can be considered the definitive guide to Zope 3. If the reader is looking for a book containing a set of tutorials on creating and using Web applications, this is a great choice."
Pectu Dana, Timisoara, Romania; ACM Computing Reviews, September 2006
"This book is at once thorough, brief, and concise. This is by far the best technical books i've read on any subject.
I have been interested in Zope for almost a year now, but even as a seasoned programmer I was intimidated by its labrythian complexity. I struggled for weeks reading the free Zope material and learning almost nothing. This book presents the material in an accessable manner while shying away from the horrible puns and awful jokes present in so many technical books. This book would be a bargin at twice its price."
D. Morrione, Hemet, CA, amazon.com