Table of contents
About this book
This volume contains research and survey articles by well known and respected mathematicians on differential geometry and topology that have been collected and dedicated in honor of Lieven Vanhecke, as a tribute to his many fruitful and inspiring contributions to these fields.
The papers, all written with the necessary introductory and contextual material, describe recent developments and research trends in spectral geometry, the theory of geodesics and curvature, contact and symplectic geometry, complex geometry, algebraic topology, homogeneous and symmetric spaces, and various applications of partial differential equations and differential systems to geometry. One of the key strengths of these articles is their appeal to non-specialists, as well as researchers and differential geometers.
Contributors: D.E. Blair; E. Boeckx; A.A. Borisenko; G. Calvaruso; V. Cortés; P. de Bartolomeis; J.C. Díaz-Ramos; M. Djoric; C. Dunn; M. Fernández; A. Fujiki; E. García-Río; P.B. Gilkey; O. Gil-Medrano; L. Hervella; O. Kowalski; V. Muñoz; M. Pontecorvo; A.M. Naveira; T. Oguro; L. Schäfer; K. Sekigawa; C-L. Terng; K. Tsukada; Z. Vlášek; E. Wang; and J.A. Wolf.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b138831
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2005
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-3850-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-4424-6
- Series Print ISSN 0743-1643
- Series Online ISSN 2296-505X
- Buy this book on publisher's site