About this book
Research in tropical forestry is confronted with the task of finding strategies to alleviate pressure on remaining forests and techniques to enhance forest regeneration and restore abandoned lands, using productive alternatives that can be attractive to local human populations. In addition, sustainable forestry in tropical countries must be supported by adequate policies to promote and maintain specific activities at local and regional scales.
Here, a multi-disciplinary approach is presented to better the understanding of tropical forest ecology, as a necessary step in developing adequate strategies for conservation and management. The authors have long experience in both academic and practical matters related to tropical forest ecology and management.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b138811
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin · Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-23797-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-27244-1
- Series Print ISSN 1614-9785
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors