About this book
Mastering Calculations in Linear and Nonlinear Mechanics is concerned with the management of calculations in linear and nonlinear mechanics. In the last twenty years or so this constant preoccupation in industry as well as in research has gone through a revolution with the advent of truly quantitative tools. Particular attention is given to error estimators and indicators for structural analysis, as this domain is the most mature today. The accent is on the concept of error in constitutive relation. An important part of this work is also devoted to the utilization of the error estimators involved in a calculation, beginning with the parameters related to the mesh.
Many of the topics are taken from the most recent research by the authors: local error estimators, extension of the concept of error in constitutive relation to nonlinear evolution problems and dynamic problems, adaptive improvement of calculations in nonlinear mechanics.
This work is intended for all those interested in mechanics: students, researchers and engineers concerned with the construction of models as well as their simulation for industrial purposes.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b138705
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-21294-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-27165-1
- Series Print ISSN 0941-5122
- Buy this book on publisher's site