Table of contents
About this book
Biotechnology offers one of the most economical and environmentally benign methods of air pollution control for industrial and municipal airstreams. Volatile organic and inorganic odorous compounds from various industries are emitted in large quantities and create hazards to the ecosystem and health effects to humans. Thus, the demand for odor and air pollution control systems that provide nuisance-free, breathable air is constantly growing.
An international board of authors from universities, research institutes, and industries describe various biotechnological methods ranging from laboratory, to pilot evaluation and to full-scale process implementation. Topics include bioprocesses for the treatment of odors and air pollutants in wastewater treatment plants, rendering plants, chemical production facilities, and food and flavor manufacturing facilities. In addition to the basic microbiological and engineering aspects, the design, modeling and control of bioreactors are also presented.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b138434
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-23312-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-27007-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site