About this book
The purpose of this book is to investigate and develop alternate methodological approaches to understand urban environments and urban change. In particular, the study demonstrates the application of remote-sensing data and geographic information systems to the exploration of issues often ignored by the mainstream community of geo-technical specialists such as urban forestry, urban traffic, migration or quality of life in urban areas.
Case studies show how disciplines like environmental science and planning, sociology, landscape ecology and architecture, regional science and policy design, and assessment can benefit from employing remote-sensing data and GIS.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b137912
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-22263-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-26676-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site