Table of contents
About this book
M-health: Emerging Mobile Health Systems presents recent advances in this area and explores future trends in the applications of current and emerging wireless communication and network technologies for healthcare delivery and new wireless telemedical services. This work also evaluates the impact of the synergies between the 2.5G and 3G systems and beyond for healthcare applications and explores the augmentation of these technologies for the next generation of m-health services. M-health is commonly defined as the ‘emerging mobile communications and network technologies for healthcare systems’. M-health represents a new framework of research, blending innovative mobile communications, network technologies, and medical sensor and ubiquitous computing devices with medical and biological sciences for enhanced healthcare delivery mechanisms and services.
Key topics include:
- Introduction to Mobile M-health Systems
- Smart Mobile Applications for Health Professionals
- Signal, Image, and Video Compression for M-health Applications
- Emergency Health Care Systems and Services, robotic Tele- Ultrasound Systems and Services
- Remote and Home Monitoring technologies.
M-health: Emerging Mobile Health Systems is essential reading for biomedical engineers, engineers, computer scientists, physicists, physicians, and health care systems professionals.
About the authors:
Robert S. H. Istepanian, PhD is a Professor of Data Communications and Director of the Mobile Information and Network Technologies Research Centre ( MINT) at Kingston University, London, UK. He is fellow of the IEE and is considered as one of the pioneers and leading authorities in the areas of m-health and wireless communication systems for healthcare.
Swamy Laxminarayan, Fellow AIMBE, currently serves as the Associate Director of Applied Research in the Biomedical Research Institute at Idaho State University. He is an internationally known scientist, engineer and educator and has spent over 30 years in the field of biomedical information technology and biomedical engineering, including: computational biology, signals and image processing and telemedicine discipline.
Constantinos S. Pattichis, PhD is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of Cyprus. He has over 20 years experience in the field of eHealth systems, computational intelligence, medical imaging and biosignal analysis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b137697
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-26558-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-26559-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site