About this book
This book comprises an excursion through space weather, a scientific topic in rapid growth and with growing impact and complications for technological societies.
The emphasis of the present volume is on the origins of space weather: the Sun and the solar mind. Very much as the Sun`s electromagnetic radiation drives the Earth climate, our space weather is driven by the solar wind.
This book addresses students and scientists working, or interested in, the field and provides a thorough introduction to the topic for those who wish to become acquainted with the basic solar physics at the origin of space weather.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b11429173
- Copyright Information Springer 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-33758-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-33759-1
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors