Table of contents
About this book
Late Effects of Treatment for Brain Tumors reviews the development of the medical team's awareness of late effects with an overview of brain tumor survivorship. It reviews by topic and by organ system, educates, and provides guidelines for follow up and interventions for survivorship. Advocacy for survivors and models for the importance of coordinated late effects programs are also discussed.
"Advances in cancer therapy have resulted in a dramatic increase in long term survival for patients with a spectrum of cancers. For this reason treatment complications and risk for second malignancies have become critical issues for many individuals. In this text, leading investigators in the field address current knowledge and future research initiatives associated with cancer survivorship."
Steven T. Rosen, M.D.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b109924
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-77102-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-77103-8
- Series Print ISSN 0927-3042
- Buy this book on publisher's site