Table of contents
Introduction to Knowledge Discovery in Databases
Soft Computing Methods
About this book
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Handbook organizes all major concepts, theories, methodologies, trends, challenges and applications of data mining (DM) and knowledge discovery in databases (KDD) into a coherent and unified repository.
This book first surveys, then provides comprehensive yet concise algorithmic descriptions of methods, including classic methods plus the extensions and novel methods developed recently. This volume concludes with in-depth descriptions of data mining applications in various interdisciplinary industries including finance, marketing, medicine, biology, engineering, telecommunications, software, and security.
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Handbook is designed for research scientists and graduate-level students in computer science and engineering. This book is also suitable for professionals in fields such as computing applications, information systems management, and strategic research management.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b107408
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-24435-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-25465-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site