About this book
This volume, which contains chapters written by reputable researchers, provides the state of the art in theory and algorithms for the traveling salesman problem (TSP). The book covers all important areas of study on TSP, including polyhedral theory for symmetric and asymmetric TSP, branch and bound, and branch and cut algorithms, probabilistic aspects of TSP, thorough computational analysis of heuristic and metaheuristic algorithms, theoretical analysis of approximation algorithms, including the emerging area of domination analysis of algorithms, discussion of TSP software and variations of TSP such as bottleneck TSP, generalized TSP, prize collecting TSP, maximizing TSP, orienteering problem, etc.
This book is intended for researchers, practitioners, and academicians in mathematics, computer science, and operations research. It is appropriate as a reference work or as a main or supplemental textbook in graduate and senior undergraduate courses and projects.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b101971
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-44459-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-306-48213-7
- Series Print ISSN 1388-3011
- Buy this book on publisher's site