Table of contents
Basics of Hemodynamics
About this book
Hemodynamics makes it possible to characterize in a quantitative way, the function of the heart and arterial system, thereby producing information about what genetic and molecular processes are of importance for cardiovascular function.
Snapshots of Hemodynamics: An Aid for Clinical Research and Graduate Education by Nico Westerhof, Nikos Stergiopulos and Mark I. M. Noble is a quick reference guide designed to help basic and clinical researchers as well as graduate students to understand hemodynamics. The layout of the book provides short and independent chapters that provide teaching diagrams as well as clear descriptions of the essentials of basic and applied principles of hemodynamics. References are provided at the end of each chapter for further reading and reference.
Nico Westerhof, PhD is affiliated with the Laboratory for Physiology at VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Nikos Stergiopulos, PhD is affiliated with the Laboratory of Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular Technology at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Mark IM Noble, DSc, MD, PhD is affiliated with the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Aberdeen University, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Aberdeen Scotland.
- Book Title Snapshots of Hemodynamics
- Book Subtitle An Aid for Clinical Research and Graduate Education
- Series Title Basic Science for the Cardiologist
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b101305
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-23345-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-3611-0
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-23346-8
- Series ISSN 1566-0753
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 192
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site