About this book
Feynman path integrals integrals, suggested heuristically by Feynman in the 40s, have become the basis of much of contemporary physics, from non relativistic quantum mechanics to quantum fields, including gauge fields, gravitation, cosmology. Recently ideas based on Feynman path integrals have also played an important role in areas of mathematics like low dimensional topology and differential geometry, algebraic geometry, infinite dimensional analysis and geometry, and number theory.
The 2nd edition of LNM 523 is based on the two first authors' mathematical approach of this theory presented in its 1st edition in 1976. To take care of the many developments which have occurred since then, an entire new chapter about the current forefront of research has been added. Except for this new chapter, the basic material and presentation of the first edition was mantained, a few misprints have been corrected. At the end of each chapter the reader will also find notes with further bibliographical information.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/BFb0079827
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1976
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-07785-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-38250-8
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site