About this book
Some geographic regions around the globe that are rich in terms of modern agriculture technologies, face a dilemma when it comes to storing excess produce, such as grains and even seasonal fruits and vegetable. They are often forced to destroy the surplus agricultural products due to the constraints of poor logistic systems, food warehouses and micro-economy system management.
In contrast, millions of people in extreme rural areas are suffering from hunger and poverty. This book offers suggestions to resolve the problems of food security and poverty in rural areas and ensure minimum social justice so that those in rural areas have regular access to food and shelter. It also discusses how to develop sustainable foundations in extreme rural locations using indigenous resources to tackle issues like hunger, malnutrition, and chronic health problems.
Zero hunger Rural energy security Rural food security Malnutrition Sustainable farming
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9800-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-32-9799-9
- Online ISBN 978-981-32-9800-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site