About this book
This book explores the move from manufacturing towards service industry jobs in China's economic development during the 12th Five-Year Plan period. The service industry now makes up the highest proportion of the GDP and employs the largest number of people in China. In the next Five-Year Plan period, it is necessary to actively push forward the strategic transformation by placing emphasis on the service industry to press ahead with system and mechanism reforms and policy innovations and cultivate diverse, sustainable and continuous forces for driving its growth. Efforts are made to upgrade the service industry to better achieve economic and social development in an innovative, coordinated, green, open, and shared way. This book will be of interest to scholars researching China's future.
Changyun Jiang is Deputy Director, research fellow and doctoral supervisor at the Institute of Industrial and Technological Economics, Chinese Academy of Macroeconomic Research, China.
Qunlian Hong is associate research fellow at the Institute of Industrial and Technological Economics, Chinese Academy of Macroeconomic Research, China.
Ling Qiu is associate research fellow at the Institute of Industrial and Technological Economics, Chinese Academy of Macroeconomic Research, China.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9483-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-32-9482-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-32-9483-7
- Series Print ISSN 2509-6001
- Series Online ISSN 2509-601X
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking