Table of contents
About this book
This book examines the approaches, content and design, and practices of current early childhood teacher preparation programs in universities across Australia, and compares them with those in Finland, Norway and Sweden. It is well established that investment in good quality early childhood education yields the best outcomes for children, and that there is significant correlation between quality early childhood learning environments and qualified teachers.
As such, this book offers key insights into academic approaches to the design, implementation and assessment of early childhood teacher programs, and how these programs are shaped in response to requirements and constraints, both within the university context and beyond.
This book provides a focus to inform future practice for decision-makers of early childhood teacher policy; researchers interested in improving the quality and status of early childhood education; and assessors of early childhood teacher programs.
Early childhood teacher programs in Australia Early childhood teacher programs in Norway Early childhood teacher programs in Finland Early childhood teacher programs in Sweden quality outcomes for children professional experience in early childhood teacher programs optimal qualifications for early childhood teachers quality care and the early childhood teacher early childhood workforce effective early childhood teachers early childhood education and primary school teaching
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5837-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-5836-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-5837-5
- Series Print ISSN 2211-1921
- Series Online ISSN 2211-193X
- Buy this book on publisher's site