Table of contents
About this book
This book offers cutting-edge evidence on using rapid on-site evaluation (ROSE) for the diagnosis of neoplastic diseases in pulmonology. ROSE has become an efficient interventional diagnostics tool and important reference for lung disease differentiation, increasing the adequacy rate, diagnostic yield and accuracy of interventional pulmonary procedures. By performing a rapid stain in the bronchoscopy suite, with evaluation by a trained physician, ROSE can be used to ensure the collection of suitable and sufficient material for ancillary studies in an era of caner-targeted therapy.
ROSE holds considerable value in terms of evaluating sampling adequacy for further immunohistochemistry testing, microbiology studies, flow cytometry analysis, and molecular assays, providing a preliminary diagnosis for patient care. The first part of the book discusses the key principles for performing ROSE procedures and reviews key anatomical structures in the lung. It also covers typical cellular characteristics on the ROSE scale for pulmonary solid malignancies.
The second part of the book features abundant figures and illustrations of ROSE cytopathology in common neoplastic diseases, e.g. adenocarcinoma, squamous-cell carcinoma and small cell lung cancer, while also exploring more unusual types, e.g. pneumonia-type carcinoma of the lung (PTCL), mucinous adenocarcinoma, lung mixed carcinoma, pulmonary metastases from extrapulmonary primary tumors, large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC), and lymphoma.
This book is part of the 4-volume collection ROSE in Diagnostic Interventional Pulmonology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Rapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) in Diagnostic Interventional Pulmonology
- Book Subtitle Volume 3: Neoplastic Diseases
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-3910-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-15-3909-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-15-3912-1
- eBook ISBN 978-981-15-3910-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 169
- Number of Illustrations 127 b/w illustrations, 372 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site