About this book
This book presents essential information on biomechanical features of the diabetic foot, which could help to minimize the risk of future diabetic foot problems.
India has recently been classified as the ‘diabetic capital’ of the world. Type 2 diabetes mellitus has become a serious concern for Indian society, where the prevalence rate is increasing exponentially. Similarly, the comorbidities and foot complications of type 2 diabetes mellitus are worsening day by day. Of all complications, diabetes peripheral neuropathy is the most common, and leads to foot deformities, pain, altered sensation, loss of foot arch, etc. The ultimate fate can even be gangrene and amputation. Accordingly, foot complications of diabetes represent a pressing medical issue.
Sharing insights into diabetic foot syndrome, its causative factors, prevention and management, this book offers a valuable resource for medical and paramedical students, researchers, podiatrists, surgeons, and physicians alike.
- Book Title Clinical Biomechanics and its Implications on Diabetic Foot
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-3681-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-15-3680-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-15-3683-0
- eBook ISBN 978-981-15-3681-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 176
- Number of Illustrations 4 b/w illustrations, 57 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This book is written primarily for Indian healthcare professionals caring for the diabetic foot. … this book would be of use to those on the front lines of treating either the prevention or the complications of the diabetic foot with limited expert knowledge in the field. … Outside of North America, it is definitely a worthy contribution to the field.” (Martin C. Yorath, Doody's Book Reviews, August 28, 2020)