About this book
In this book, the author demonstrates that double-helix formation and fibril film formation occur on solid surfaces as a result of the catalytic effect of the liquid–solid interface of the newly synthesized helicene oligomer. In addition, he shows that the double helix produced at the liquid–solid interface can be diffused into a solution to form a self-assembling material by means of mechanical stirring. Both types of formation are new chemical phenomena unique to liquid–solid interfaces not found in solutions.
Detailed results are provided for new chemical reactions at liquid–solid interfaces, and gleaned from experiments performed using synthetic organic molecules. The book offers a useful reference guide to elucidating reaction mechanisms for researchers whose work involves chemical phenomena at a liquid–solid interface.
Liquid-solid Interface Helicene Fibril Film Formation Mechanical Stimuli Chiral Symmetry Breaking
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-3192-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-3191-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-3192-7
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site