About this book
“This book uses diverse methods in a range of different contexts to research a pressing problem of our time – how to support the wellbeing of the elderly. It is essential reading for anyone working in this field.”
How can we be happier, healthier and more satisfied in life? This edited collection examines various dimensions of wellbeing among older people, including its measurement; social, environmental and economic determinants; and how research can be translated into policy to improve quality of life for older people.
With an increasingly ageing population across countries and an increasing population of older adults, there is growing interest in improving older people’s ability to live healthily and happily. With a focus on retirement and aged care, this book is important reading for those interested in Welfare Economics, Health Economics and Development.
Sefa Awaworyi Churchill is an Associate Professor and Principal Research Fellow with the School of Economics, Finance & Marketing at RMIT University, Australia. He holds a PhD in Economics from Monash University. His inter- disciplinary research focuses on development economics, addictive behavior, ethnic diversity, wellbeing, and other issues related to sociology, health and economics. He has experience working on consultancy projects for various policy agencies and international development organizations.
Lisa Farrell is Professor and Deputy Dean (Research and Innovation) in the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing at RMIT University, Australia. Her research field is in the area of applied microeconomics, with a particular focus on important contemporary social issues such as subjective wellbeing, decision making under uncertainty and lifestyle choice behaviours.
Samuelson Appau is Lecturer in Marketing in the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing at RMIT University, Australia. His research focuses on how factors such as poverty, religion and social processes and structures impact consumer wellbeing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Measuring, Understanding and Improving Wellbeing Among Older People
Sefa Awaworyi Churchill
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-2353-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-15-2352-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-15-2355-7
- eBook ISBN 978-981-15-2353-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 303
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 2 illustrations in colour
Social Choice/Welfare Economics/Public Choice/Political Economy
Employee Health and Wellbeing
- Buy this book on publisher's site