Table of contents
About this book
This book provides excellent techniques for detecting and evaluating biofilms: sticky films on materials that are formed by bacterial activity and produce a range of industrial and medical problems such as corrosion, sanitary problems, and infections. Accordingly, it is essential to control biofilms and to establish appropriate countermeasures, from both industrial and medical viewpoints. This book offers valuable, detailed information on these countermeasures. It also discusses the fundamentals of biofilms, relates various substrates to biofilms, and presents a variety of biofilm reactors.
However, the most important feature of this book (unlike others on the market) is its clear focus on addressing the practical aspects from an engineering viewpoint. Therefore, it offers an excellent practical guide for engineers and researchers in various fields, and can also be used as a great academic textbook.
Evaluation methods for biofilms Laboratory Biofilm Reactor (LBR) Industrial Standards Materials Science and Engineering Environmental problems Energy Problems Medical Issues
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-2240-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-2239-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-2240-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors