About this book
This book gathers essays that introduce the ideological advances in the philosophy of engineering and technology in contemporary China. It particularly focuses on China’s distinctive concepts and methods, revealing different views and academic debates to offer readers a comprehensive overview of this important field.
The contributors present unique perspectives based on practical problems and traditional philosophy, examining such issues and concepts as axiology and theories of process, the difference between engineering activities and technology activities, and the core of the relationship between “Dao” and “Technique.”
Other essays cover the ethics of technology, practical wisdom (phronesis) and practical reasoning, as well as creative concepts and methods concerning the philosophical problems in high technology, architectural technology, and technological innovation. The authors also consider more general issues in the field.
This book compiles the relevant research achievements of Chinese scholars in various time periods. Some authors have revised and translated into English papers published in Chinese, while others present their research in English specifically for this study. An annotated bibliography of the major publications in the field completes this collection.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Chinese Philosophy of Technology
- Book Subtitle Classical Readings and Contemporary Work
- Series Title Philosophy of Engineering and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title Philosophy Engineering,Tec.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1952-9
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-15-1951-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-15-1954-3
- eBook ISBN 978-981-15-1952-9
- Series ISSN 1879-7202
- Series E-ISSN 1879-7210
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 234
- Number of Illustrations 4 b/w illustrations, 2 illustrations in colour
Philosophy of Technology
Science and Technology Studies
Cities, Countries, Regions
- Buy this book on publisher's site