About this book
The second edition of this highly successful book includes up-to-date notes on the step-wise management of clinical emergencies encountered in everyday intensive care units (ICU). Each thoroughly revised chapter provides concise information for point-of-care treatment, making it a practical guide clinicians can refer to on a daily basis at work or while traveling, or just to expand their knowledge.
Volume 1 of ICU Protocols covers topics in pulmonology, cardiology, neurology, gastroenterology, nephrology and infectious diseases. The endocrine and metobolic systems, oncology, trauma, toxicology, envenomation and thermodysregulation, obstetrics, and perioperative care are covered in the second volume of ICU Protocols.This two-volume book is a must-read for intensivists, critical care specialists, junior trainees and residents working in ICUs. It is also relevant as course material for workshops on critical care, and essential for all hospital-based libraries.
“This book provides junior trainees with an introduction to the management of problems common to the critical care unit.” David J Dries, Doody’s Book Reviews, March, 2013, for the first edition of ICU Protocols.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title ICU Protocols
- Book Subtitle A Step-wise Approach, Vol I
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0898-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-981-15-0897-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-981-15-0900-1
- eBook ISBN 978-981-15-0898-1
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XIX, 632
- Number of Illustrations 70 b/w illustrations, 32 illustrations in colour
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site