Table of contents
About this book
This book presents non-linear image enhancement approaches to mammograms as a robust computer-aided analysis solution for the early detection of breast cancer, and provides a compendium of non-linear mammogram enhancement approaches: from the fundamentals to research challenges, practical implementations, validation, and advances in applications.
The book includes a comprehensive discussion on breast cancer, mammography, breast anomalies, and computer-aided analysis of mammograms. It also addresses fundamental concepts of mammogram enhancement and associated challenges, and features a detailed review of various state-of-the-art approaches to the enhancement of mammographic images and emerging research gaps. Given its scope, the book offers a valuable asset for radiologists and medical experts (oncologists), as mammogram visualization can enhance the precision of their diagnostic analyses; and for researchers and engineers, as the analysis of non-linear filters is one of the most challenging research domains in image processing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0442-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-0441-9
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-0442-6
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site