Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses the latest research into the highly prevalent neurodevelopmental disease most commonly associated with aging: Alzheimer’s disease (AD). Even after years of research, Alzheimer’s disease is still far from being cured. It presents a range of common symptoms in the form of behavioral and cognitive impairments. This book describes the symptoms and the biology behind them.
The contents covers latest findings on the genetics involved and various factors and pathways influencing disease development. It also covers various non-pharmacological therapies like immunotherapy, use of natural products, and employing nanotechnology in both the detection and treatment of AD. This book also highlights the role of diet and nutrition in healthy aging. Given its scope, it offers a valuable asset for researchers and clinicians alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9636-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-9635-9
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-9636-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site