Table of contents
About this book
This book highlights the symmetry properties of acoustic fields and describes the gauge invariance approach, which can be used to reveal those properties. Symmetry is the key theoretical framework of metamaterials, as has been demonstrated by the successful fabrication of acoustical metamaterials.
The book first provides the necessary theoretical background, which includes the covariant derivative, the vector potential, and invariance in coordinate transformation. This is followed by descriptions of global gauge invariance (isotropy), and of local gauge invariance (anisotropy). Sections on time reversal symmetry, reflection invariance, and invariance of finite amplitude waves round out the coverage.
Covariant derivative Global gauge invariance Time reversal symmetry Global symmetry Vector potential Non-Abelian group symmetry Local gauge invariance Reflection Invariance Acoustic metamaterials Finite amplitude waves Acoustical imaging
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8751-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-8750-0
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-8751-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site