Table of contents
About this book
This book addresses the relationship between the production of social problems in educational policy, the research practices required to inform policy, and the daily production of normalcies and differences in school contexts. It reports on the opportunities and consequences for policy, research, and practice when normalcy is stigmatized at the same level as difference.
The book employs a critical analysis combining queer, feminist, and post-representational theories to understand the implications of dominant ways of understanding the division between normal and different subjectivities and how they reiterate structures of inequality in schools.
normalcy in schools difference in schools school ethnography policy as discourse new inequalities stigmatiztion of normalcy production of research problem problematize classroom interventions neoliberal and liberal context on diversity critical research on schools and policy design school policy design
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8445-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Education
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-8444-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-8445-5
- Series Print ISSN 2520-1476
- Series Online ISSN 2520-1484
- Buy this book on publisher's site